Sunday, July 20, 2008

Thing 10

I subscribed to Google Reader because so many of the tutorials stated that it was the easiest. I think that having a system that informs you of updates is invaluable, I miss the news many days but check my emails every day. I just hate not knowing what is happening in the world. I searched for sites concerning nursing and only subscribed to those with numerous subscribers. I also subscribed to the recommended news bundle offered at Google reader. I am sure that I will need to "manage" my subscriptions soon. We shall see. One of the nursing sites was for CEUs, since I always will need cont ed, I would love a site to help me find interesting topics. Teachers could use the news features to keep their classrooms up to date for social studies. after scanning the other sites that were listed, I realize once again that my brain has atrophied and possibly fallen out. Cool Cat Teacher, where were you when I was in school? Many of the things that my own children have for homework do not seem up to the level of learning that I would want for them. This teacher is unbelievable! I feel like an uneducated goofball after reading what she writes. If I were a teacher, she would be my mentor from afar.

No comments: