Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing 22

I listened to an episode of The Science Show which I found on the Education Podcast Network. It was somewhat like having someone reading a science book aloud. My mind started to wander. I do better reading along in the text or having something to watch. The EPN was easier for me to use than the Podcast Directory. I was not able to find anything that would work for me on the Podcast directory. When a radio station has "live streaming" audio, is that a podcast? I love listening to the shows on KCBI and they often mention that the listener can also listen from their computer but I have never tried. I would subscribe to that, I need to look a little more to find anything else that I might subscribe to. I think that a classroom creating a podcast of things that they have learned and allowing the parents to listen would be fun. Students in today's schools need those kind of positive learning experiences or when they grow up they will be computer illiterate like I am (was). LOL!!! ;)

1 comment:

Debbie said...

A podcast is a regularly recorded episodes that are posted and can be downloaded or played directly fromthe computer. Live streaming is actually just listening to the live show. They can post the daily shows later and then those would be podcasts. Hope that makes sense.